Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Desperately Trying To Burn Out

Kristy is due FRIDAY.  So I'm trying to get as much riding in as possible - burn my legs out and then recover on newbabydaddyduty for as long as that takes. 

So my 19ish mile mt bike commute loop on Monday took me through Weir Rd trails, Greenough Boy Scout Camp trails, and then Willow St.  A lot of the ride was with my laptop and clothes and food for the day all jammed into my camelbak.  Then an ez spin home.

Tuesday I had to drive. I hate driving to work.  Hate it. Hate it hate it hate it. (hate it)

Rode in again this morning - did hill repeats in the Greenough scout camp - it's a pretty good push with my stuffed pack.  Then on the way home I pushed it hard around the scout camp trails daydreaming of the race I'd love to organize there, and then the quick road home.  My "Mytracks" GPS said I did 53.51 miles in 57 minutes, an average that would have given Sagan a run for his money down the final descent of stage 3 of the 2011 tour de Suisse.  Mytracks also thinks my house is 100 feet under sea level (it's 60 feet above - pretty darn high for the Cod).  So basically Mytracks sucks.

Pumped up the tires on the road bike for tomorrow morning, assuming the "grand opening" doesn't happen overnight.

I'm taking 12 weeks off when Helena arrives.  12 WEEKS!  IFAW rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment