Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm back in the saddle again...I'm BAAACK!

After 8 days with some godforsaken cold or sinus something, I'm back in the saddle again!

The audio's a little off, but was there anything cooler than Aerosmith back before they got goofy?

Old (good) Aerosmith always reminds me of riding to school in Frank Carini's green Malibu with the crew...cruising along with Aerosmith cranking...quick stop at the Little Store for provisions...come back out and then Frank's car wouldn't start. So one of us (we took turns) would have to get under the hood and remove the air filter and stick a finger into the manifold to unstick it as Frank cranked her over. Then we'd be cruising again, with Aerosmith cranking.

That's kind of how my training's been going. Cruising, feeling good...screech to a halt with this cold...get the motor going again...and now I'm Back in the Saddle and hope to continue cruising right along.

(and in case you forgot that Steven Tyler started out as Aerosmith's drummer...here he is ripping Wipeout with another amazing-rocker-turned-goofball Dave Navarro)

No comments:

Post a Comment